Wednesday, October 29, 2008

Much Needed Girls Weekend



Two weekends ago my friend, Marie, and I decided to take a girls weekend. Ian had gone on a camping and mountain biking excursion to Zion's with his buddies the weekend before, so I felt it was my turn to let loose!

I have to just share a few pictures of our fun weekend. The first night we stayed in a beautiful hotel right, and I mean literally RIGHT on the water in Laguna Beach! We had an awesome dinner and were pampered with massages the next day. After strolling around Laguna for a while, we boarded the ferry for Catalina and off we went.






The ferry ride to Catalina was PURE HELL! I've never been on a bumpier ride, I mean you couldn't even walk without being jostled around. Needless to say, I blew chunks (pleasant) in the bathroom and tried as best as I could to endure the rest of the 1 hour and 15 minute ride!















Once there, we shopped, ate and toured the town. Very quaint - practically everyone there drives golf carts instead of cars. We went up high on the island and saw some amazing views of the Pacific Ocean. And, Murphy's law - I stocked up on Dramamine and wore my sea sick wrist bands for the ride home and it ended up being as smooth as glass. I even took a nap. Oh well, we had a great time!





No comments: