Sunday, October 26, 2008

Kumpins and such





October, as it should be, has been the month of pumpkins (or as Connor says, "kumpins"). We've visited two different pumpkin patches, one of which was on a day that the temperature soared to a hellacious 97 degrees (very unnatural weather for pumpkin picking, I must say)! Connor also helped carve his first jack-o-lantern, which he was very excited about.

We love to visit the management office of our apartment complex, which is decorated to the nines, and a condo just around the corner from us. Connor excitedly points out the "kumpins", skeletons and spiders - he's really into Halloween!



Last week, I took him to pick out his costume. We (mostly I) chose Winnie the Pooh. He absolutely refuses to wear the cute lion costume that Uncle Phil and Aunt Camille bought him. Don't know why. He loved it for about a week, but now just treats it as a stuffed animal, giving it kisses and such. Anyway, he LOVES his Pooh costume! Even lets me put the hood on him! And I must say he makes the cutest Pooh bear. He wore it to his first Halloween party last night and it was a hit. Of course, it's so hot here that we had to unzip the back to give the poor little dude some ventilation, but he loved every minute of it!





3 comments:

Momma Monkey said...

How cute is he! I bought Braxton a turtle costume...won't touch the thing. I'm so jealous you guys are in shorts and t-shirts. We packed those away weeks ago!

Rozemary said...

Cutest little bear I ever did see!
yummy pics hun. I just want to eat him all up. I feel like I say that everytime I comment on one of his photos, but, it's ture!
BEAUTIFUL pics from your girls weekend! I am green with envy! We'll have to do something of the sort when you are back up here! I need one!

Katy Springer said...

I love him!! Kate, I miss you guys so much. Kiss him on the top of his head for me, will you?!